The 5 Most Important Things To Improve for SEO
June 7, 2018
If you have a website you are no doubt keen to ensure it shows high in Google when people search for what you do.
Ideally you will have an SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) specialist working on your Google rankings, but not everyone has this luxury. Below are 5 things you can improve right now that will have an impact on your Google rankings.
1) Google My Business – Make sure your business listing on Google is well optimised. It should be rich in content including photos and information about the business, it is also important to try and mention the areas you cover and your key services/products within the text. Also try and get reviews from your customers to make the listing stand out.
2) Meta Titles & Descriptions – These are vital for making sure Google understands what your website is all about. Make sure your products, services and areas covered are mentioned in the meta titles and descriptions on the most relevant pages on your website.
3) Website Content – Google rewards original, rich content. Make sure your website has plenty of good quality content and includes all the search terms you want to appear for within the text on the most relevant pages.
4) Business Review Websites – Make sure you set up business profile pages on the major review websites like ‘Trustpilot’ and ‘Reviews’, ensure your profile description includes your important keywords and locations. Encourage your customers to leave reviews and these pages will nearly always show on the first page of Google. They also help with the trust and ranking of your main website.
5) Google Search Console – Spend time looking at the data in Google Search Console, use all the tools and guides to help make sure your site is well optimised.
If you need help getting your website showing higher in Google simply fill in the form at the top of this page or call us on 01252 329160.